If you're interested in finding some science experiments for kids you can do at home, then you've come to the right place!
Conducting science experiments is a great way to have fun, as well as learn, with your kids.
There's no better way for a child to learn than by seeing and doing #things in the real world.
That's why these 8 fun science experiments for kids you can do at home are the perfect weekend activity!
1. Elephant Toothpaste
This idea is one of the science experiments for kids that would work great in a discussion about reactions.
No worries, the foam created in his experiment is safe to touch!
It is simply water, oxygen gas, and soap, so let your child touch the foam to feel texture.
What this experiment shows is that hydrogen peroxide naturally breaks down into water and oxygen.
It is stored in opaque containers to help slow down this process but the enzyme catalase speeds up the reaction.
Dish soap catches the oxygen and makes bigger bubbles and the food coloring makes it look cool.
The foam and bottle feel warm because the reaction is exothermic--it releases energy as heat!
- 7 Fun Experiments to do with Your Kids Today ...
- 8 Fun and Healthy Recipes for the Kids ...
- 7 Gooey Science Experiments to do with Your Kid ...
- 7 Tips on How to Make Learning Science Fun for Your Kid ...
- 7 Easy, Hot Pretzel Recipes You Can Make at Home ...
- Does Exercising during Pregnancy Benefit Your Baby?